Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mini OPI Haul

I hate to pull the lazy blogger card, but it's vacay.  And Thanksgiving is tomorrow.  So this is probably the last you'll hear of me for the week (because I will be locked in a tiny dark closet writing a Medieval Architecture research paper.  Fun times!).  But before I go, I just had to show you guys the 2 new polishes I got.


I went to Ulta looking for Essie Smokin' Hot...and they were literally out of the entire winter collection.  What.  The.  Heck.  Not cool.  So I grabbed these two puppies: OPI Ink and OPI Royal Rajah Ruby.  I love that OPI keeps their seasonal collections around.  I'm so used to MAC and the new things disappearing after a month, so finding a polish from a 2 year old collection was a nice surprise.  OPI Ink is $5.55 at amazon.com, OPI Royal Rajah Ruby is $5.25 at amazon.com:
 
Here's a swatch of Ink, and here's a swatch of Royal Rajah Ruby.  No time to take my own swatches.  Yes, I do fail.  Ink is an indigo blue-purple with fine pink shimmer.  It's a much cooler and slightly lighter version of Zoya Valerie, which I just got.  Royal Rajah Ruby is a little more blackened on me than in that swatch--it's a blackened red with red shimmer, very holiday but very vampy.  It's what I thought Midnight in Moscow would be, except this one actually reads as red on the nails.  


I'm still upset that they didn't have Smokin' Hot, but I really like both of these.  Especially Royal Rajah Ruby.  I die.


Update: I went to Ulta again today.  They still didn't have Smokin' Hot.  GAH.  But Royal Rajah Ruby is wearing so well.  It's such a lit-from-within color that it practically glows.  Love.


Images from amazon.com, amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment